A Tasmania where everyone freely chooses to contribute voluntary time to the community as a natural part of their life and growth.
Volunteering Tasmania is committed to creating, throughout Tasmania, an environment which promotes and sustains effective volunteering by all people.
- positive recognition of volunteering, its empowering value for individuals and communities, and it role in celebrating difference, enhancing quality of life, and as a vital force for change
- that opportunities in volunteering are easily available for everyone
- that everyone involved with volunteering is appropriately supported
- that the principles and ethics of volunteering are adopted and applied throughout Tasmania
Volunteering Tasmania’s core business is:
- promoting and advocating for volunteering, its recognition, and its principles
- providing appropriate support, education, training and consultancy on volunteer
- providing quality volunteering options services
Volunteering Tasmania’s customers are:
- volunteers and potential volunteers
- organisations which involve volunteers
- coordinators and managers of volunteer programs