Volunteering Tasmania is running a statewide Forum to provide professional development for staff and volunteers in the community services sector.
Attendees will participate in a variety of workshops and discussion panels to identify collaborations, connections and explore innovations and Apps in service delivery.
Funded by the Tasmanian Government under the Tasmanian HACC Program, the forum is aimed at Home and Community Care (HACC) and Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) funded organisations, and all those working or volunteering in the Community Services Sector.
The heavily subsidised price of $22.50 per person includes lunch, refreshments and attendance at FOUR of the NINE workshops on offer.
In addition to the workshops, the Tasmanian Department of Health will provide an update on the future direction of the Tasmanian HACC Program; a representative from the Australian Government’s Department of Health will be a keynote speaker, and the day will finish with a panel discussion with selected speakers on Community Services Sector topics.
Attendees will be asked to choose four workshops from the below:
1. Council on the Ageing: Aged Care Royal Commission
What’s happening and how can people participate?
Presenter: Deb Lewis
2. Family Based Care: CHSP Fees (understanding fees, hardship and communication)
Presenter: Douglass Doherty
3. Launceston VFC Services: Engaging with clients under 65
4. Volunteering Tasmania: Engaging your consumer in volunteering activity
Presenter: Dr. Lisa Schimanski
5. CHSP Nutrition Service: Nutrition advice for your programs
Presenter: Antonella Jarvis
6. TasCOSS: Wellness
Presenter: Ally Smith
7. National Disability Services
Presenter: Will Kestin
8. Public Health Services: Aboriginal Cultural Respect in Tasmania’s mainstream health services
Presenters: Belinda Fenney-Walch and Liz Mahnken
9. Migrant Resource Centre Tasmania: Embedding cultural appropriate care in services to meet Aged Care Quality Standards
Presenters: Hannah Poon & Fiona Rees
The forum will run on Friday, 29th March, from 10am to 3pm, at the Australian Italian Club in Launceston.
More information and registration is through Eventbrite or via our Facebook event page. Please note places are limited and tickets are non-refundable, however if you cannot attend for whatever reason you can nominate another delegate in your place on the day. A copy of the flyer can be downloaded here.
Upon registration you will be contacted by Kate Crawford, Coordinator of Volunteer Projects, Volunteering Tasmania, to select your nominated workshops and to record any dietary requirements.
This service is supported by funding from the Tasmanian Government under the Tasmanian HACC Program.