Volunteering Tasmania provides best practice volunteer management support and advice to all Home and Community Care (HACC) and Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) funded organisations.
We are excited to share opportunities to collaborate, create and embed best practice volunteer management strategies within existing volunteer programs within the sector, this enables a better volunteer experience for your current and future volunteers.
The following dates have been scheduled available to all HACC and CHSP funded organisations:
Home and Community Care Community of Practice meetings
A network for Home and Community Care (HACC) and Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) funded organisations to participate in and contribute input towards the resources and support required to maintain their volunteer programs.
- Discuss resource ideas to support the effective and efficient management of volunteers
- Discuss volunteer management education and training initiatives
- Discuss organisational support strategies for Volunteering Tasmania to provide option to participate in research and advocacy initiatives
These meetings are held bi-monthly via web conference for anyone who wishes to be part of this network.
Dates of upcoming CoP meetings are:
- Tuesday 10th March | 1pm – 2pm
One of our topics for the March CoP will be looking at Volunteering Tasmania hosting a dedicated introduction to volunteering session specific to HACC and CHSP.
- Thursday 14th May | 1pm – 2pm
- Tuesday 14th July | 1pm – 2pm
- Thursday 10th September | 1pm – 2pm
- Tuesday 10th November | 1pm – 2pm
Please RSVP to Katec@volunteeringtas.org.au if you would like to participate in these.
Volunteer Management Check Up Conversations
Volunteering Tasmania has two dedicated team members to visit your organisation to have a chat about your current volunteer programs, any queries or challenges you may have and provide information, advice and resource support to you based on these conversations.
Appointment times available from 30 minutes to one hour and we come to you!
Maree in the North West and Kate servicing Southern and Northern HACC and CHSP funded providers – this is a free service to your organisation.
Available dates for these appointments for bookings are:
- Thursday 20th February | 10am – 2pm
- Wednesday 11th March | 9am – 12 noon
- NORTH WEST
- Tuesday 18th February | 9am – 12 noon
- Tuesday 24th March | 9am – 12 noon
- Tuesday 21st April | 9am – 12 noon
- Tuesday 19th May | 9am – 12 noon
- Tuesday 23rd June | 9am – 12 noon
HACC and CHSP contacts:
Kate Crawford, North and South
Katec@volunteeringtas.org.au or phone 03 6231 5550
Maree Gleeson, North West
MareeG@volunteeringtas.org.au or phone 0417 467 716