March 17, 2020
In light of the current and changing situation regarding COVID-19, we wish to advise you of the steps we have taken to minimise the impact that the virus has on the health and wellbeing of our team, including our volunteers.We are monitoring the information provided via the World Health Organisation, Australian Department of Health and the Tasmanian Department of Health – Public Health in regard to minimising the spread of the coronavirus and have strategies to implement as recommendations come to hand.
We are adjusting our practices in the following ways. Our team now has the option to;
- Work from home where appropriate.
- As a result, our office doors are closed until further notice, however we are still operating during normal business hours.
- Our Referral Office have started conducting referral interviews over the phone and will not do interviews in person until further notice.
- We have postponed all VT training events until further notice and will provide online delivery options where possible. We are also keeping our participants updated.
- The community events we are involved with have been cancelled or postponed by organisers and we are working with our community partners to assist in other ways.
- We have postponed indefinitely our Introduction to Volunteering Sessions and Network Meetings.
- There is no work-related travel until further notice.
- We are teleconferencing for external meetings to minimise attending large gatherings
- We are encouraging safe space between workers (1.5m) both at work and in social environments.
- We have a key focus on hygiene, hand washing and respiratory etiquette to minimise the spread of germs.
- Adherence to protocols for our workers who have travelled overseas or been in contact with someone who have travelled.
- Our team are encouraged to stay away from work if unwell and sending people home if they present to work unwell.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us email@example.com
Here are some Resources for Volunteer Involving Organisations
Here are some Resources for Volunteers
Below are links to the official State Government’s Fact Sheets covering the essential public information for current COVID-19 Coronavirus pandemic.