Volunteering Tasmania in partnership with Department of Communities, require volunteers to pack food supplies for passengers arriving in Tasmania at the Hobart Airport.
To support people returning home to Tasmania, the Government is offering some basic food supplies to incoming passengers who are required to directly go into 14-day self-quarantine to reduce the risk of spread into the Tasmanian community.
Volunteers are needed to help pack the bags of basic food supplies, which will be provided to incoming passengers. This will be onsite at the airport in a secure location.When you arrive at the location where you will be volunteering, you can expect to be doing the following:
Accessing the food stored at the airport
- Pack supplied bags with milk, bread and butter.
- Move bags from cool room/storage area to arrival gate ahead of flights where there is a trestle table – place goods at table for collection.
- Volunteers may then leave the area until all passengers have collected their food packs and have left the area.
- Volunteers do not hand out food directly to incoming passengers.
- Monitor supplies and inform relevant staff member/Volunteer Team Leader if re-ordering is needed.
Please note that this volunteer role will not require people to be in direct contact with incoming passengers, and all measures are being put in place to look after the health and safety of volunteers. Personal protection like masks and gloves and sanitiser will be provided as an additional safeguard.
Depending on staffing, shifts can last 2- 4 hours. We expect that volunteers will be required for the next week on a roster system from 6am -10pm depending on the location.
Please use the below form to register your interest and availability and we will be in touch.