Community Care and Health Award
This Award recognises the countless volunteers who offer their time, skills and compassion towards helping members of our community who need extra assistance with daily living, and to those volunteers that support fundraising efforts for their community-focused organisation. Many of the vital services that people rely on every day would not be able to go ahead if it weren’t for volunteers – whether it be transport to doctors, assistance with grocery shopping, or even a social visit, this category is for those volunteers who assist in keeping our community connected.
Anglicare Tasmania offers choice, support and hope to Tasmanians.
Our friendly team delivers personalised and reliable quality services that include:
- supporting older people to maintain their independence and manage their health and home;
- one of the widest ranges of practical NDIS disability supports in the state;
- financial counselling;
- supporting the education and training of young people;
- relationship counselling;
- supporting people whose lives are impacted by alcohol and other drugs, and those harmed by gambling; and
- supporting people to find affordable housing.
Anglicare also undertakes research and advocacy to promote a just Tasmania.
You can find out more about Anglicare’s work at www.anglicare-tas.org.au or by calling us on 1800 243 232.
The wellbeing of Tasmanian people and communities is at the heart of all we do. Volunteers make an invaluable contribution to the healthy functioning of communities. We are delighted to support the Community Care and Health Award which recognises the hard work and dedication of local volunteers.
Chris Jones – CEO Anglicare Tasmania